Trigger Warning: This page may contain information relating to someone's gender inequitable experiences including suicides. This may be triggering to readers with similar experiences.
This submission is part of the Expressions of Gender Equity art project - a 2021 International Women's Day initiative. We thank all artists who responded to our artistic briefs and are honoured to showcase their work.
In response to the art brief:
“This artwork tries to reflect the gender balance and the balance of opportunities in order to achieve the personal development between the two sexes, feminine and masculine.
The intention is to highlight that both men and women should have the same right to education, job empowerment and job opportunities to perform leadership tasks.
The main idea is transmitted through symbolism of the two human figures represented using the symbol of yin and yang that refer to unity and balance.“
Balance for Better, 2021
France | Painting
About the Artist:
I studied art as a supplementary activity at the same time as I continued my studies in Civil Engineering. After graduating as an engineer, I studied glass design at the Glass Center Foundation, Barcelona, Spain. Currently, I am studying plastic arts at the Sorbonne University, Paris, France.
During my artistic career, I have tackled different techniques such as oil painting, acrylic painting, watercolors, collages and different glass techniques.
During my last years of artistic creation, geometric shapes have been the priority in my paintings based on the study of mathematical and geometric shapes.
From 1987 to 2019 I participated in several exhibitions in different countries. Some of the most recent exhibitions are:
- 2015- Selected by an international jury to participate in the Florence Biennale.
- 2016- Exhibition at the Art Toulouse 2016 fair.
- 2018- Selected to participate in the “International Women’s Art Exhibition, Press for Progress”, at the Grand Gallery, Arabian Court, One & Only Royal Mirage, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- 2019- Selected to participate in the International Women’s Art Exhibition, Balance for Better ”, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- 2019- Selected to participate in the collective exhibition Art Trip in Geneva, Switzerland.
- 2021 – Selected to participate in the Panama Biennale, representing the pavilion of the French Republic.