Accepting Applications: Scholarship Program to Build Your Board Skills
Are you an early career professional based in Melbourne who is thinking ahead about building your career? Perhaps you are a passionate young person who wants to make a difference by joining a board or committee?
If your answer is yes, here is your opportunity for a scholarship program that is $1,200 in value to help you build your board skills.
In partnership with JCI Eastern, an organisation that provides development oppoirtunity to empower young people under 40 to make a difference, we are launching a 3-week BOARDen Your Career Scholarship Program this September.
BOARDen Your Career Scholarship Program is now accepting applications. Early career professionals who are based in Melbourne and wish to further their career with board skills are encouraged to apply.
Applications are due Wednesday 8 September 2021 11:59PM AEST. Successful candidates will be notified by Saturday 11 September 2021.
An Introductory Course to Begin Your Board Career (3 Weeks)
Led by experienced board directors and committee members, the BOARDen Your Career Scholarship Program provides eligible participants a pathway to practise board skills and begin a board career.
The BOARDen Your Career Scholarship Program is 3 weeks in duration, starting Monday 13 September 2021 and will be delivered online.
The introductory course will include easy-to-digest email lessons on key topics twice a week, weekly 30-minute virtual group sessions and weekly 30-minute Q&A sessions with an industry leader. The total commitment to the program is 1.5 hours per week. Scholarship recipients are expected to complete the program in its entirety.
Turning Theory into Practice (2022 Board Experience)
Participants who have succeefully completed the BOARDen Your Career training will be invited to apply for board positions with JCI Eastern for 2022. Successful candidates will have access to practical training to run a board from mid-October to December 2021 in preparation for the 2022 appointment.
Collectively with fellow board members and guided by JCI Officers, 2022 JCI Eastern Board will have the opportunity to put theory into practice and access up to $5,000 to deliver an initiative(s) to further JCI’s Mission.
Eligibility of BOARDen Your Career Program
- You are between 18 and 40 years of age.
- You are based in Melbourne, Australia.
- You may have little or no industry experience, but you are willing to give it a go.
- You are keen to advance your career but you also want to make a difference.
- Commitment is absolutely critical to us. Show us your professional courtey and only apply to the program if you are able to committ to completing the 3-week program.
- If you are an international student, as the program involves the opportunity to be part of the Board of JCI Eastern in 2022, you must be based in Melbourne in 2022 and ideally also in 2023.